The Academy Brand Incentive Program
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Academy Brand Incentive Program Terms and Conditions (“Account Holder Terms and Conditions”) set out in this document concern the operation of the The Academy Brand Incentive Program, the use of the Account Holders Website and any promotional activity and Incentive transactions that arise as a consequence of the The Academy Brand Incentive Program.
Individuals who join the The Academy Brand Incentive Program and/or redeem Rewards agree to be legally bound by the Account Holders Terms and Conditions. The Account Holders Terms and Conditions may be modified at any time without prior notification by The Academy Brand in its absolute discretion.
Despite anything to the contrary contained in this document, any modification to the Terms and Conditions may be applied to a Account Holders retrospectively.
The Academy Brand will not accept any liability for any email communication to any Account Holders that is misdirected, lost or not received.
The Academy Brand will not accept any liability for any technical issues that may cause damage to any computer related to or used in connection with the The Academy Brand Incentive Program. The Academy Brand may collect personal information from the Account Holders for the purpose of facilitating the The Academy Brand Incentive Program.
The Academy Brand will not be liable for any tax liability incurred by a Account Holders in connection with the The Academy Brand Incentive Program, including that incurred in the provision of Rewards.
The Account Holders Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with any additional conditions associated with Rewards, as well as in conjunction with the The Academy Brand Website’s Terms and Conditions . In the event of any discrepancies, The Academy Brand’s decision in its absolute discretion will be final and binding.
The Academy Brand’s decision in relation to all matters arising in relation to the The Academy Brand Incentive Program is final and binding.
1. Benefits means any benefits given to the Account Holder.
2. Account Holders means individuals who sign up to the The Academy Brand Incentive Program.
3. Active Account Holders means Account Holder who are considered to still be participating in the program through purchases or other interactions deemed relevant by The Academy Brand
4. Account Holders Profile means the personal details of the Account Holders which can be updated on the Website.
5. "Account Holder Terms and Conditions" mean the terms and conditions set out on this page and as updated on this page from time to time.
6. Website refers to the website academybrand.com where details of the The Academy Brand Incentive Program (including the most up to date Terms and Conditions) can be found.
7. The Website also provides for the facility to update the Account Holders Profile.
8. Spend means the amount of the Account Holder’s money exchanged in return for actual goods, not the value of the goods purchased. Daily Spend is the net spend after all exchanges, redemptions and refunds have been included.
9. Status refers to a type of Account Holder that has specific benefits
10. Rewards refers to time-limited dollar-off discounts given to Account Holder as a consequence of purchasing behaviours, incentives and/or promotions.
11. Account Holder may be notified of Rewards via email. Reward Balance is the current total of all unredeemed and unexpired Rewards. Account Holders Anniversary refers to the date that you joined the program that recurs each year
12. Technical Issues means the technical malfunction of any telephone or IP network, connection or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or intranet site.
13. The Academy Brand Incentive Program means the Incentive program operated by The Academy Brand providing Account Holder with access to exclusive benefits and rewards.
14. The Academy Brand means The Academy Brand ABN 63 125 186 790 its related bodies corporate and its authorised representatives.
1. An individual is deemed to be a Account Holders of the The Academy Brand Incentive Program when they sign up on the Website or in store by giving staff their details.
2. Account Holders of the The Academy Brand Incentive Program is only open to individuals with a valid email address.
3. At any time, Account Holders can only have one Account with the The Academy Brand Incentive Program.
4. The Academy Brand reserves the right to refuse or terminate the Account of the The Academy Brand Incentive Program without prior notice or reason and in its absolute discretion.
5. Accounts are not transferable.
6. It is the responsibility of the Account Holders to update their Account.
7. Account Holders can at any time terminate their Account by providing written notice to The Academy Brand.
1. At its sole discretion, The Academy Brand may update a Account Holders account with a Reward as a consequence of a purchasing behaviour, incentive and/or promotional activities.
2. The Academy Brand may notify the Account Holders via email of their entitlement to any Rewards, but cannot guarantee the delivery of these emails.
3. The Academy Brand reserves the right to withdraw, cancel or vary the Rewards without notice and at any time.
4. Rewards are generally expressed in a monetary form - for example, a $30 Reward. However, in no way do Rewards represent legal tender in any country.
5. Rewards are treated as dollar-off discounts against items purchased, and like all discounts, cannot be refunded.
6. Rewards have a fixed issue and expiry date and can only be used on or after the issue date up to 11:59pm AET on their expiry date.
7. Rewards cannot be sold, transferred or assigned and are not redeemable for cash or any other like instruments, including (but not limited to) gift vouchers, gift cards, cheques and credit notes.
8. Rewards can only been redeemed at The Academy Brand branded stores in Australia and on the The Academy Brand Website
9. Rewards can NOT be redeemed in David Jones stores or any other stockist when purchasing Academy Brand products
10. The Academy Brand reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude certain items and promotions from being redeemed by using Rewards.
11. If a Account is terminated, all outstanding and future Rewards will no longer be valid and will be rendered null and void.
12. While typically Rewards are issued instantly (or on the day after a qualifying purchase) they can take up to 48 hours after a qualifying purchase in store or order dispatch from an online purchase before they are available for redemption.
13. All Rewards have an expiry date at which point they will no longer be available for redemption. The Academy Brand reserves the right to change the expiry date of any Reward at any time without prior notice.
14. Only Rewards from one The Academy Brand Account can be redeemed per transaction.
15. The Academy Brand will not be held responsible or liable if Rewards are not able to be redeemed for whatever reason but specifically, in the case of a technical failure of software or hardware or an EFTPOS malfunction.
16. Rewards can only be redeemed once.
17. If a customer wishes to return a purchase that has previously earned a Reward, The Academy Brand will process the return and forfeit any Incentive rewards earned on the initial transaction purchase.
18. Any items purchased using a reward redemption will only be sold as their value less the redemption as a discount. This will become the actual sale price for the item, and therefore its return/exchange value.
19. If they a customer wishes to exchange a purchase that has previously earned a Reward, and the exchange is for a product of lesser value than the initial purchase the customer must exchange for the total purchase value. If the exchange is for a lesser value, The Academy Brand will process a full return first and any Rewards earned on the initial transaction purchase will be forfeited. If a subsequent the exchange purchase warrants a Reward based on the transaction size then the customer will earn Rewards on the subsequent transaction purchase in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Account Holders STATUS, BENEFITS AND REWARDS
1. Welcome Reward - $10 when you join - issued instantly to use in store or online
2. Shopping Rewards for any DAY where you spend over $100 in total - note these rewards are NOT issued per transaction, but rather the total daily spend.
- $10 if you spend over $100 in a day
- $25 if you spend over $250 in a day
- $50 if you spend over $400 in a day
- $100 if you spend over $650 in a day
The Academy Brand recognise the trust you are placing in us when you become our customer. Under law, your rights to privacy are also protected. Privacy laws place strict requirements on us to treat certain information collected as confidential, to store your information securely and to allow you easy access to check and correct your information.
When do we collect information about you
At times, we are required to collect personal information in the normal course of providing services for our customers. These services apply across Our Brands and include:
- Creating a Incentive account
- Accepting customer orders
- Processing online purchases and payments
- Dealing with customer service requests (including via social media)
- Processing credit card payments
- Arranging product holds
- Receiving prize application forms
- Accepting gift voucher payments
- Processing cash refunds Maintaining detailed information on our websites
Also, we make use of “cookies” on our websites. A cookie is a small software message sent to your web browser by our web server. Your browser stores the message in a file and the message is then sent back to our servers each time your browser requests a page from our servers.
Most Internet browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you will need to adjust the settings of your browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your computer.
When you click on links and banners on our sites that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to that third-party's privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the internet, we cannot be held responsible for the actions of any third-party websites.
What do we collect and why
We may collect the following information from you
- Your name and contact details, such as your physical address, email address and phone number
- Your gender and date of birth
- Your purchase history
- The name of the domain from which you access the internet
- The date, time and devices used when you access our sites or apps
- The internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our sites
- Other information you may supply to us
We use the information to customise our services and plan product development so that we can provide you with relevant consumer information and notify you of products and special offers that may be of interest to you. It is also collected so that we may provide value-added services and marketing and remarketing through our websites or other social media channels.
Sharing information with third parties
We may disclose information we hold to our directors, officers, employees for business purposes and marketing or remarketing purposes through our websites or other social media channels.
We may also disclose information to third party service providers or contractors. The countries this information may be disclosed to will vary from time to time, but may include Australia, New Zealand, and the United States of America.
Sometimes we use third party platforms and services to process sales, store and analyse data and information, provide web support, send marketing messages, deliver products or otherwise deliver information. These services are hosted and managed by organisations other than ourselves, and some of these services are hosted overseas.
We use products and services maintained in Australia and the USA Your personal information may be stored in a secure and encrypted form overseas (e.g. in data storage and cloud computing facilities operated by us or by third parties on our behalf).
We will take reasonable steps to ensure recipients of this information do not breach Australian or New Zealand Privacy laws in relation to the personal information we disclose.
Where applicable information is shared with these third parties, they are obliged to observe the confidential nature of such information and are prohibited from using any or all of this information other than for the purpose for which it was provided. We will also disclose information to a law enforcement agency if we are requested to do so by that agency in relation to suspected unlawful activity.
We will not sell your personal information.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information from us, please let us know by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “update your preferences” at the bottom of any of our communications, or by clicking into your account and manage the level of communication which you want to receive from us.
Access to your information
You may review, change or delete personal information related to your use of our websites. To access your information, simply sign into your account visit your account dashboard. If you would like to know what information we hold about you please contact our Privacy Manager via the details set out at the bottom of this page.
If you discover that there is an error or information is missing, please update your details online by signing on and editing the relevant details on your account dashboard.
If you hold multiple accounts with us through our Incentive program, we may combine your accounts to create one profile only. Prior to doing this, we will take reasonable measures to ensure we have verified your Account details and that all the accounts belong to you.
We understand the importance of your personal information and have appropriate procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information.
We take website and credit card security extremely seriously and always endeavour to provide a secure, safe platform from which to conduct online transactions. We use the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts information as it is transmitted over the internet. This encryption scrambles details such as credit card numbers, billing details and delivery addresses so that other computers are unable to decipher the information, ensuring privacy and security.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and your computer. Ensure you sign out when you have finished visiting our websites especially if you have accessed the websites from a shared computer.
All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and handled with impartiality and discretion.
If you wish to submit a complaint, please provide us with all relevant details such as the date and time of the incident or communication, the circumstances surrounding the event and your concerns about what was said or done. You will also receive an acknowledgment from us within 7 days confirming receipt of your complaint.
Once you have submitted your complaint we will assess it to determine whether or not you have complained about a privacy issue which is covered by the relevant privacy laws.
If you have complained about something which is not appropriately dealt with under privacy law, we will write to you and explain why our Privacy Manager is unable to address your complaint. If you have complained about something which the relevant privacy laws cover, we will thoroughly investigate all aspects of your complaint including ascertaining the relevant facts and what your expectations are for any resolution. During our investigation we may need to seek further information from you as to the nature of or factual circumstances surrounding your complaint.
We will endeavour to respond to you at all times promptly and to offer a practical solution which is consistent with our legal obligations.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I join?
You can create an account online at The Academy Brand.com or by asking a staff Account Holders in store to create an account for you
How do I update my details?
You can update them by logging into the The Academy Brand website using your email and password or instore via a staff member. If you have forgotten your details please follow the ‘forgot password’ prompts on the site. Staff in store will also be able to update your details at checkout.
What are rewards?
Rewards are a fixed amount of money with an expiry date that you can apply as a discount against products purchased online or in store. Rewards are earned for a variety of reasons.
How do I get rewards?
- By creating an account in store or online
- By spending over set thresholds
- There may be other ways to earn rewards in future
Do rewards expire?
All rewards have an expiry date, usually 30 days from the date of issue. Some rewards have different expiry lengths though which are visible on the reward email we send you and on your Account Holders profile page.
How long does it take for my rewards to appear?
Rewards are usually loaded the morning after your qualifying purchase or action - but can take up to 48 hours to be put into your account.
What happens if my rewards are not visible within 48 hours?
Contact The Academy Brand customer service stating your Account Holders email address and provide details of your qualifying purchase. You can contact us through phone, The Academy Brand Facebook page, Instant Chat (on the The Academy Brand website) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I earn a reward if I redeem a reward in the same transaction?
Yes you can earn rewards based on the amount you actually spend after all rewards and discounts have been removed.
Can I redeem my reward online?
Yes, at checkout you will have the option to redeem some or all of your reward balance if you are logged into your account.
Can rewards be used on sale items?
Yes, rewards earned can be used on any Academy Brand products. However, you cannot use rewards during a product exchange, as part of a layby purchase, to pay for shipping/delivery fees or to purchase gift cards.
Can I use my friends rewards + my rewards in the same transaction?
No rewards cannot be passed between Account Holders. You can only use rewards you have earned on your own account.
Can I get a store credit for my rewards?
Rewards cannot be exchanged for store credit.
Can I exchange my rewards for gift cards?
Gift cards cannot be purchased with earned rewards.
How will I be notified of any rewards?
You will be notified by email when you receive a new reward, and when any unused rewards are about to expire. So keep an eye on your inbox and check into your Account Holders profile page regularly. You current rewards can also be viewed at any time on the The Academy Brand website.
If I return an item will it be taken from my purchase history?
Yes, once an item is returned its value is removed from your overall transaction history which may affect future benefits.
Does purchasing a gift voucher count towards receiving any rewards or affect my status?
No. Gift card purchases do not qualify for rewards.
When I purchase something using a gift voucher does it count towards receiving any rewards?
Yes, the value of any purchase goes towards your rewards and may qualify you for a reward even if you use a gift card as part/all of your method of payment.
I don't have or do not want to give my email address
A valid and unique email address is a requirement of our Incentive program. When you earn rewards we need to be able to let you know - email is the quickest way for us to do this. If you don’t want to be a Account Holders you can still find out about The Academy Brand sales and offers by visiting our website, following us on Instagram, or becoming a The Academy Brand fan on Facebook.
I don't have or do not want to give out my mobile phone number
Your mobile number is required. As it gives us a convenient way to quickly identify you in store. If we can't reach you on your email address we may need to contact you via SMS or call you directly to administer your Account.
How do I let The Academy Brand know when my details have changed?
Simply go to www.academybrand.com and login to your profile. You can make any changes to your details by following the instructions on your Account Holders profile page.
Will my purchases appear on the Account Holders website?
Only your recent online orders will appear at www.academybrand.com. For a complete purchase history, please contact email@example.com.
I have signed up but am not receiving emails.
Check your junk folder to ensure that your The Academy Brand emails are not being classified as “junk”. You will need to mark these emails as “safe” in order to ensure they go straight to your inbox.